Spider Blocker will block most common bots that consume bandwidth and slow down your server. It will accomplish this by
using Apache .htaccess file to minimize impact on your website. It will also hide itself from external scanner. Only works
with Apache server and mod_rewrite enabled.
- Block Unlimited bots from viewing your site
- Easy Export/Import rules (comes with most common list of bots)
- Zero Footprint
- Upload ‘spider-blocker’ directory to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Aktifkan plugin melalui menu ‘Plugins’ di WordPress
- Go to Tools menu and then **SpiderBlocker* to configure
- If you use any other plugin to edit .htaccess file, make sure that content of file is valid
13 Februari 2021
Apparently you need to keep your htaccess readable all the time or the plugin turns off. I cannot find any info if the htaccess still needs the plugin to function after this. This does not make me feel safe at all
28 Januari 2020
Does what it promises to do. No more bad bots to my WP blog 🙂
26 Januari 2020
I like that you can add additional bots. It does what it says and keeps the worst offenders of your page out of the box It also didn't crash my multi site or disable admin or anything (like "Stop bad bots")
3 September 2016 1 reply
This plugin doesn't work on any of my installations out of the box. You need to change $_ENV["SERVER_SOFTWARE"] to $_SERVER["SERVER_SOFTWARE"] Maybe this should be adjusted ? Once changed it does its job though!
3 September 2016
This plugin does exactly what you think it does if this is the type of plugin you are already looking for. It is very simple and effective.
Kontributor & Pengembang
“Spider Blocker” adalah perangkat lunak open source. Berikut ini mereka yang sudah berkontribusi pada plugin ini.Kontributor
Terjemahkan “Spider Blocker” dalam bahasa Anda.
Lihat kode, periksa repositori SVN , atau mendaftar ke log pengembangan melalui RSS.
- Added prlog.ru bot
- Added support for WP v5.6+
- Fix issue with class constants
- Visual fixes and code clean-up
- Added support for LiteSpeed server
- Code clean-up
- Support for the latest version of WordPress