PublishPress Authors allows you to show an author box at the end of your posts. This author box can display one author, coauthors, multiple authors or even guest authors. This box has the author’s name, avatar, description and more. You can also place the author box in widgets, shortcodes and Gutenberg blocks.
Here are the three most important features of PublishPress Authors:
- Author Box. As soon as you install PublishPress Authors, you’ll see an author box under every post. You can add all the profile details you need for each author.
- Multiple Authors. By default, WordPress only allows one author per post. PublishPress Authors allows you to add an unlimited number of authors to each post. This is very useful if you have a busy site and need to manage and give credit to coauthors.
- Guest Authors. You can create Guest Authors who don’t have an account on your site. This is important because not all writers need a username and password.
PublishPress Authors Pro
Upgrade to Authors Pro
This plugin is the free version of the PublishPress Authors plugin. The Pro version comes with all the features you need to create beautiful and useful author profiles. Click here to purchase the best premium WordPress author box plugin now!
Add Multiple Authors and Co-Authors to Your Posts
With PublishPress Authors, you can set multiple authors for each post. When you write a post, you’ll see a box in the right sidebar. Here you can choose from all the users on your site, and assign them as coauthors.
On the frontend of your site. PublishPress Authors gives you several different options to display the authors’ box:
- Replacing the default author display.
- At the bottom of your content.
- In a widget or a Gutenberg block.
- Using shortcodes.
- Adding filters and actions in your template files.
Add Guest Authors With No WordPress Account
Using PublishPress Authors, you can create Guest Authors who don’t need an account on your site. PublishPress will treat Guest Authors identically to Authors who are linked users.
You will be able to select and display Guest Authors in exactly the same way as for registered users. Each Guest Author can have a full profile, plus an avatar, and their own archive page for blog posts.
Multiple Layout Options for Author Bio Profiles
PublishPress Authors provides five default ways to display the author profiles on your site. In the PublishPress Authors settings you can choose from these layouts:
- Simple list
- Inline with Avatars
Custom Fields for Author Profiles (Pro version)
PublishPress Authors Pro enables you to create author fields and enhance your author profiles. You can add Text, WYSIWYG, Link and email address fields. Then you can place those author fields in author bio profiles using custom layouts.
Custom Layouts for Author Profiles (Pro version)
PublishPress Authors enables you to build custom layouts for your author bio profiles. Using all your author information and custom fields, you can design beautiful layouts for your authors. Each layout is editable using HTML and PHP. You can add many different types of author information to these layouts including custom fields.
Join PublishPress and get the Pro plugins
The Pro versions of the PublishPress plugins are well worth your investment. The Pro versions have extra features and faster support. Click here to join PublishPress.
Join PublishPress and you’ll get access to these Pro plugins:
- PublishPress Authors Pro allows you to add multiple authors and guest authors to WordPress posts.
- PublishPress Blocks Pro has everything you need to build professional websites with the WordPress block editor.
- PublishPress Capabilities Pro is the plugin to manage your WordPress user roles, permissions, and capabilities.
- PublishPress Checklists Pro enables you to define tasks that must be completed before content is published.
- PublishPress Permissions Pro is the plugin for advanced WordPress permissions.
- PublishPress Pro is the plugin for managing and scheduling WordPress content.
- PublishPress Revisions Pro allows you to update your published pages with teamwork and precision.
- PublishPress Series Pro enables you to group content together into a series
Together, these plugins are a suite of powerful publishing tools for WordPress. If you need to create a professional workflow in WordPress, with moderation, revisions, permissions and more… then you should try PublishPress.
Bug reports for PublishPress Authors are welcomed in our repository on GitHub. Please note that GitHub is not a support forum, and that issues that aren’t properly qualified as bugs will be closed.
Follow the PublishPress team
This plugin is partly based on Co-Authors Plus, which includes the work of batmoo, danielbachhuber and automattic. This plugin also uses work from the Bylines plugin by danielbachhuber.
There are two ways to install the PublishPress Authors plugin:
Through your WordPress site’s admin
- Go to your site’s admin page;
- Access the “Plugins” page;
- Click on the “Add New” button;
- Search for “PublishPress Authors”;
- Install PublishPress Authors plugin;
- Activate the PublishPress Authors plugin.
Manually uploading the plugin to your repository
- Download the PublishPress Authors plugin zip file;
- Upload the plugin to your site’s repository under the “/wp-content/plugins/” directory;
- Go to your site’s admin page;
- Access the “Plugins” page;
- Activate the PublishPress Authors plugin.
You have several different options for displaying authors using the PublishPress Authors plugin:
- Below the content. Go to Authors > Settings and click the “Display” tab. Check the box saying, “This will display the authors box at the end of the content”. In the “Layout” box, you can choose from several layouts.
- The Post Authors widget. When you install the add-on, PublishPress Authors automatically creates a widget that you can use to show the authors. Go to Appearance > Widgets, and you can position your PublishPress Authors widget in any sidebar or widget area.
- The Authors shortcode. With PublishPress Authors shortcodes, you can display the author box in any part of the content. The default shortcode is [author_box]
- Editing your theme. PublishPress Authors allows you to show author details in your plugin or theme. You can use the action “pp_multiple_authors_show_author_box” to display the author box programmatically.
PublishPress Authors does use a different system than the WordPress core, so there may be some work involved with moving author data.
When you first install PublishPress Authors, our plugin will try to import all your authors. However, there may be some more work needed if you have a large site or have been using a different plugin. After installing PublishPress Authors, go to the “Posts” screen to see if your authors have imported correctly.
If you have a very large site with 1,000s or authors or posts, we recommend you use the WP CLI command line system.
PublishPress Authors has a Co-Authors Plus import feature. Co-Authors Plus is a popular but older alternative to PublishPress Authors. This import will bring across all your author profiles. It will also keep track of which posts the authors are associated with. If you want to migrate your site from the CoAuthors Plus plugin, please try this on a test site before attempting it on a live site.
You can import from the the Byline plugin to PublishPress Authors. Start with the old Byline plugin installed on your site. Go to “Authors”, then “Maintenance”. Look for the import option.
The PublishPress Authors plugin provides two widgets.
The “Post Author” widget will display a list of authors for the current post. It is one of several ways that you can show the authors of a post. In your WordPress site, go to Appearance > Widgets. Look for the “Post Author” widget.
The “Authors List” widget will display a list of all the authors on your site. If you want to show the authors of the post being viewed, try the Post Author widget. In your WordPress site, go to Appearance > Widgets. Look for the “Authors List” widget.
PublishPress Authors provides five default ways to display the author profiles on your site. The Free version allows you to choose any of these layout options. The Pro version allows to modify these defaults and also create new layouts.
In the PublishPress Authors Pro admin area, ggo to Authors > Layouts and you will see all five default layouts: Simple List, Inline with Avatars, Inline, Centered, Boxed. Click “Edit” for any layout and you’ll see an editing screen. Each layout is editable using Twig. You can add many different types of author information to these layouts including custom fields.
PublishPress Authors works well with the Elementor plugin. There are 5 options for showing Author profiles on your site. All of these will work with Elementor. However, we have made sure to make sure PublishPress Authors works with inside the main Elementor layout builder. Perhaps the easiest option for the Elementor layout builder is to use the Post Author widget.
PublishPress Authors works well with the Divi theme. There are 5 options for showing Author profiles on your site. All of these will work with Divi. We have made sure that PublishPress Authors works with inside the main Divi layout builder. Perhaps the easiest option for the Divi layout builder is to use the Post Author widget. Go to Appearance > Widgets. Create a new widget region using this Divi box. I called my widget region “Authors Area”.
The PublishPress Authors plugin allows you to show author profiles using this a snippet of PHP code. This code can be modified in many way to suit your needs. Don’t worry if you’re not technical. There are also other ways to show your authors that require no code. We recommend that you add these code snippets to a child theme, as that is best practice for WordPress theme development. We do have child themes available for some popular themes.
Author profiles can be a tricky area in WordPress because many themes try to add their own author details. We try to help customers using PublishPress Authors and make sure that the plugin works with your theme. So far, we have child themes available to help compatibility with some common themes including:
Kontributor & Pengembang
“Co-Authors, Multiple Authors and Guest Authors in an Author Box with PublishPress Authors” adalah perangkat lunak open source. Berikut ini mereka yang sudah berkontribusi pada plugin ini.Kontributor
“Co-Authors, Multiple Authors and Guest Authors in an Author Box with PublishPress Authors” telah diterjemahkan dalam 3 bahasa. Terima kasih kepada para penerjemah untuk kontribusi-nya.
[3.14.9] – 18 Nov 2021
- Fixed: The author profile URL for guest authors was not added to the schema for Google rich results with Yoast SEO, #545;
- Fixed: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::get_avatar_url(), #544;
- Fixed: Call to undefined method stdClass::is_guest() in rest-api.php, #546;
- Changed: Show the reviews banner on any admin page;
[3.14.8] – 04 Nov 2021
- Fixed: HTML special chars in the author name are not displayed correctly, #531;
- Fixed: Access denied while creating posts with contributor and another user as default author, #534;
- Fixed: Fix duplicated prefix for text elements with dynamic content on Divi builder, #528;
- Fixed: Remove gap in the settings tabs, #532;
- Fixed: Fix style for buttons in the settings page, #537;
- Added: Add notice asking for a review;
[3.14.7] – 21 Sep 2021
- Fixed: Fix robots meta tag when Yoast SEO is installed and it is not the authors page, #508;
- Fixed: Can’t save multiple authors if Yoast SEO is activated, #504;
- Fixed: Only allow mapping authors to users who have edit_posts capability, #492;
- Fixed: Convert author to guest author when its user is deleted, #505;
- Fixed: Secondary author’s comments remain as awaiting moderation, #469;
- Fixed: Restore the CLI command: assign-coauthors, but renaming to assign-author-by-meta-key, #438;
- Fixed: Authors mapped to user are treated as as guest authors after removing all other authors in the post edit page, #523;
- Fixed: PHP notice: Trying to get property of non-object in Post_Editor.php on line 293, #521;
[3.14.6] – 14 Sep 2021
- Fixed: Fix the output of guest authors data on the frontend, #500;
- Fixed: Fix “get_multiple_authors” resulting on error 500 when post author is zero, #511;
- Fixed: Fix PublishPress Calendar integration with guest authors to avoid empty value on “post_author”, #512;
- Fixed: Fix PHP Notice: Trying to get property ‘display_name’ of non-object on authors column for post_author = 0, #514;
- Fixed: Fix Yoast SEO structured data schema. Bumped min Yoast SEO version to 14.0, #472;
[3.14.5] – 01 Sep 2021
- Fixed: Fix query for author posts doesn’t work if instead of the author name we have the author ID or term ID, #487;
- Fixed: Fix reduced font size for the author description, #435;
- Fixed: Fix error message when post is not found, showing warning about “post_author” and “post_type” on null, #495;
- Fixed: Fix the selection of fallback user for guest authors in the posts bulk edit form, #497;
- Fixed: Fix PHP warnings for the shortcode “authors_list”, used in the Pro plugin, #498;
- Fixed: Add “author” taxonomy to Polylang, #18;
[3.14.4] – 19 Aug 2021
- Fixed: Fix author profiles that are automatically created for users that are not on the selected user roles, #464;
- Fixed: Fix authors not created when registered from the frontend for the selected user roles, #420;
- Fixed: Fix guest authors compatibility with YoastSEO archive pages and the “robots” tag, #471;
- Fixed: Fix PHP notice: Trying to get property ‘name’ of non-object in Utils.php, #485;
- Fixed: Fix PHP notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in class-wp-list-util.php, #486;
[3.14.3] – 01 Aug 2021
- Fixed: Add class “bypostauthor” for secondary authors on comments, #154;
- Fixed: Fixed the author byline on 3rd party themes in the front-end, #473;
- Added: Added CSS class with the author slug to each author in the default layouts;
[3.14.2] – 21 Jul 2021
- Fixed: Fix error on block editor for posts with guest authors, #463;
[3.14.1] – 20 Jul 2021
- Changed: Invert position of Edit User and Edit Author Profile links in the term actions, #453;
- Fixed: Fix sanitization of the user_id before adding it to a query;
- Fixed: Fix compatibility with the search results on the plugin “Knowledge Base for Documents and FAQs” when an article is not found;
- Fixed: Fix compatibility with PublishPress’ calendar create item form for the author field, to select guest or mapped to user authors;
- Fixed: Add compatibility with PublishPress’ calendar to support multiple authors in the calendar form;
- Fixed: Fix the warning: Undefined array key “post” in multiple-authors.php file, when opening the General settings page, #459;
[3.14.0] – 26 May 2021
- Added: Added new setting for selecting multiple post types to display in the author page, #436;
- Added: Added new function “get_by_id” to the Author class, accepting positive integer for User ID, and negative integer for term ID, #423;
- Changed: Shortcode [author_box] was renamed to [publishpress_authors_box], #426;
- Changed: Shortcode [ppma_test] was renamed to [publishpress_authors_test], #426;
- Changed: Legacy shortcodes are loaded by default, but defining the constant PUBLISHPRESS_AUTHORS_LOAD_LEGACY_SHORTCODES = false will prevent to load them, #426;
- Fixed: Fix the Author::get_avatar_url method returning the avatar URL, #443;
[3.13.1] – 22 Apr 2021
- Fixed: Fix the color scheme for the Pro plugin, #411;
- Fixed: Fix the links style for the boxed and centered layouts, #414;
- Fixed: Hide the core author field in the post edit pages and add field to set a user as author if a post has only guest authors, #344;
- Fixed: Fix relationship between post and author if not existent when running the function “get_multiple_authors”. It fallbacks to the current post author, creating the Author term and relationship with the post, #396;
- Fixed: Fix the CLI subcommand list-posts-without-terms adding support for the following arguments: [–post_type=] [–posts_per_page=] [–paged=] [–order=] [–orederby=], #415;
- Fixed: Fix the CLI subcommand create-terms-for-posts adding support for the following arguments: [–post_type=] [–posts_per_page=] [–paged=], #415;
- Changed: Temporarily disabled the CLI subcommands: update-author-terms, assign-coauthors, assign-user-to-coauthor, reassign-terms, rename-coauthor, swap-coauthors, remove-terms-from-revisions, #415;
[3.13.0] – 18 Mar 2021
- Added: Improve layout for Centered box and add a color picker to choose a base color, #376, #377;
- Added: Added new filter to extend the “post” variable exposed to the layouts. The new filter: “publishpress_authors_layout_post_properties”, #384;
- Fixed: Fix the Authors List widget sorting by the author name, #389;
- Fixed: Fixed Notice: Undefined index: title_plural in the Widget.php file, #393;
- Fixed: Error Cannot access private property MultipleAuthors\Classes\Objects\Author::$term_id, #386;
- Fixed: The authors field is not displayed for custom post types created by Toolset, or other plugins, #385;
- Fixed: Fix link for authors in the Genesis Framework Featured Posts widget, #378;
- Fixed: PHP Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, string given “multiple-authors/multiple-authors.php” #402;
- Fixed: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error:  operator not supported for strings in MA_Multiple_Authors->filter_workflow_receiver_post_authors #403;
- Changed: Change the default layout to “boxed”, #370;
[3.12.0] – 23 Feb 2021
- Added: Added filters for customizing the byline on Elementor skins: publishpress_authors_elementor_posts_skin_cards_byline, publishpress_authors_elementor_posts_skin_classic_byline, #335;
- Changed: Improved the style for the Boxed layout, #332;
- Changed: Automatically sync the author URL with the user nicename when the user is saved, #53;
- Fixed: Fixed encoding of UTF-8 chars in the Author URL column in the Authors list, #352;
- Fixed: Fixed PHP warnings on Nested Pages plugin, #345;
- Fixed: Improved performance on author pages reducing the number of database queries only looking for an author taxonomy if a user was not found;
- Fixed: Fix compatibility with the SEO Framework archive title for guest authors, #351;
- Fixed: Fixed the query to list authors considering only published posts, #350;
- Fixed: Fixed warning about undefined index: ID, the rest-api.php file, #342;
- Fixed: Fix PublishPress notifications for guest authors with email address, #349;
- Fixed: Fix the PHP warning “Call to a member function get_user_object() on bool”, #348;
- Fixed: Duplicated queries caused by multiple calls to “get_user_by” for the same slug, #343;
- Fixed: Fix the authors list widget form removing not used field, #339;
- Fixed: Fix error: “Twig file not found” for shortcodes in the Pro version using a custom layout. And avoid to show the authors twice if Free and Pro are activated, #336;
- Fixed: Fix compatibility with WP Engine object cache, #327;
- Fixed: Fixed the invalid taxonomy error message, #326;
- Fixed: Improved performance on author pages reducing the number of database queries only looking for an author taxonomy if a user was not found;
- Fixed: Fix the Authors List widget title alignment wrapping it on a H2 tag;
[3.11.0] – 25 Jan 2021
- Added: Added fields for setting the plural and single title to the author box and widget, #75;
- Added: Added Rest API support to list the post’s authors, #311;
- Added: Added new action to set authors to a post: “publishpress_authors_set_post_authors”;
- Added: Added filter and constant for specifying to not load styles in the frontend, so users can use their own styles, #313;
- Added: Added Italian language files. Thanks to Angelo Giammarresi;
- Added: Added more automated tests;
- Changed: Updated Brazilian Portuguese language files;
- Fixed: Improved general performance removing unnecessary permissions validation on every text in the page, #325;
- Fixed: Improved general performance ignoring the body class change method if not in the frontend;
- Fixed: Fixed support to PHP 5.6 downgrading the Twig’s requirement “symfony/polyfill-ctype” to v1.19, the last one that supports PHP 5, #323;
- Fixed: Fixed support to PHP 5.6 downgrading “pimple/pimple” to v3.2.3, the last one that supports PHP 5, #323;
- Fixed: Removed meaningless warnings when the post doesn’t have an author: “[PublishPress Authors] Warning – The link for the author_id=”” was changed to the post page because the author is not specified in the given url”, #308;
- Fixed: If the post doesn’t have an author term, the function filter_author_link doesn’t recognized the user from “post_author” as author of the post, #308;
- Fixed: If the post doesn’t have an author term, the function “get_multiple_authors” returns a WP_User instance (based on “post_author”) even if the user is mapped to an author term, #306;
- Fixed: In the function “is_multiple_author_for_post”, recognize user as author of a post even if he doesn’t have a term, #307;
- Fixed: One test is trying to create a term which already exists, logging the error message: “A term with the name provided already exists”;
- Fixed: Fixed multiple footers displayed when both Free and Pro are activated, #312;
- Fixed: Fix PHP error when an older version of YoastSEO is installed and the warning “not compatible YoastSEO” is showed;
[3.10.0] – 15 Dec 2020
- Fixed: Changed the way we sync post_author column: Current user will only be set as author if no terms where found for the post, or there are only guest authors. If post_author is empty, we set it for the current user, creating an author term for it, #286.
- Fixed: Duplicated queries for the same given email in the method MultipleAuthors\Classes\Author_Utils::get_author_term_id_by_email(). Added a cache for the query results and an option to ignore the cache, #293;
- Fixed: Performance issue. Optimized some methods and modules loading for reducing the server overload and reduce duplicated queries. Some modules now are only loaded if the required plugin is installed, #297;
- Fixed: Fix the path for the template-tags.php file when called by the author box, if not loaded yet;
- Fixed: Only register admin hooks if in the admin, #297;
- Fixed: Fixed JS warning about variable being implicitly defined;
- Fixed: Fixed compatibility issue with Select2 library loaded by WS Form Plugin, #292;
- Fixed: Improved performance when opening the post edit page and quick edit panel for sites with thousands of authors;
- Changed: Deprecated functions and classes now can be disabled if you define the constant “PUBLISHPRESS_AUTHORS_LOAD_DEPRECATED_LEGACY_CODE” as false. Default is true, #297;
- Changed: CoAuthors’ backward compatibility functions now can be disabled if you define the constant “PUBLISHPRESS_AUTHORS_LOAD_COAUTHORS_FUNCTIONS” as false. Default is true, #297;
- Changed: Bylines’ backward compatibility functions now can be disabled if you define the constant “PUBLISHPRESS_AUTHORS_LOAD_BYLINES_FUNCTIONS” as false. Default is true, #297;
- Added: Added new maintenance task for syncing the authors’ slug with the respective user’s sanitized login (user_nicename). There is a new constant “PUBLISHPRESS_AUTHORS_SYNC_AUTHOR_SLUG_CHUNK_SIZE” for customizing the size of the chunk of authors to update at a time (default to 50), #287;
- Added: Added new constant “PUBLISHPRESS_AUTHORS_SYNC_POST_AUTHOR_CHUNK_SIZE” for defining the size of the chunck of posts to convert authors in the maintenance task: Update author field on posts. Default to 10;
- Removed: Removed the support to the filter “coauthors_auto_apply_template_tags”, #297;
[3.9.0] – 24 Nov 2020
- Added: Added support to Bulk Edit for authors in the post list, #263 and #280;
- Fixed: Fixed maintenance tasks to consider all the selected post types and not “post” only, #276;
- Fixed: Fixed compatibility issue with the WP RSS Aggregator plugin, #278;
- Fixed: Restored the posts count in the Authors and Users list, #275;
[3.8.1] – 05 Nov 2020
- Fixed: Fixed the consistency of avatar dimensions between the img tag attributes and the CSS, #258;
- Fixed: Fixed edit_posts permission check for the PublishPress calendar, #264;
- Fixed: Restored the post count column in the Authors list, #95;
[3.8.0] – 08 Aug 2020
- Fixed: Fixed PHP warning about undefined “default_author_for_new_posts” attribute for the module options;
- Fixed: Fixed the empty setting field “Default author for new posts”, #242;
- Fixed: Fixed empty post_author on posts saved without any author. The current user will be added as the author, #238;
- Fixed: Fixed post_author field on posts when saving posts to store the user ID of the first author, ignoring guest authors, #171;
- Fixed: Fixed support for authors and guest authors in the PublishPress’ calendar and content overview filters, #249;
- Added: Added new maintenance task to sync post_author with author terms for all posts, #171;
- Added: Added basic support for multiple authors in the Ultimate Members plugin’s posts, #251;
[3.7.3] – 21 Sep 2020
- Fixed: Fixed unresponsive author select box for new posts, #244;
[3.7.2] – 14 Sep 2020
- Fixed: Fixed the reordering issue on authors in the post edit page;
[3.7.1] – 11 Sep 2020
- Fixed: Fixed the authors field in the quick edit panel. It was displaying all authors instead of only the post authors, #236;
[3.7.0] – 10 Sep 2020
- Fixed: Fixed performance issue in the post list and edit page removing avatars from the authors fields, #227;
- Added: Added option to change the default author for new posts in the site, #50;
[3.6.3] – 04 Sep 2020
- Fixed: Fix error “Uncaught Error: Call to a member function add_cap() on null”, #223;
[3.6.2] – 03 Sep 2020
- Fixed: Fix error “Call to a member function get_error_message() on boolean”, a regression bug result of the recent updates, #221;
[3.6.1] – 03 Sep 2020
- Fixed: Fix admin notice for Co-Authors Plus displaying even when the plugin is not installed;
[3.6.0] – 02 Sep 2020
- Added: Added support to update authors for posts using the quick edit form, #180;
- Added: Added argument “$ignoreCache” to the get_multiple_authors;
- Added: Added new capability (ppma_edit_post_authors) to control who can edit post authors, #213;
- Added: Added an admin notice if Co-Authors Plus is installed asking to read the documentation for migrating data, #209;
- Fixed: Removed mentions to the old name: Multiple Authors;
- Fixed: Error message “The plugin does not have a valid header” in PHP 5.6, #215;
- Fixed: Optimize performance in the get_multiple_authors again, replacing a function call with a specific db query; #190;
- Fixed: Fixed Co-Authors Plus data migration after installing. We still require to manually run the maintenance task to migrate the data;
- Fixed: Fixed get_multiple_authors cache when no arguments are passed to the functions;
- Fixed: Fixed fatal error that happens when get_term returns an error;
- Fixed: Upgrade link and banner were displayed for all users with access to the admin, #208;
[3.5.1] – 20 Aug 2020
- Fixed: Avoid warnings regarding constants already defined;
- Fixed: Fixed the cache for the get_multiple_authors function for archive pages, #190;
- Fixed: Fixed fatal error Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string, #182;
- Fixed: Fixed the value for $author->display_name which was returning the value from the user object instead of the custom value set for the author, #183;
- Fixed: Fixed Plugin::filter_user_has_cap() is passing a param to Util::get_current_post_type() which doesn’t support params, #187;
- Fixed: Fixed Plugin::filter_user_has_cap() to use the correct user, not the current one, #186;
- Fixed: Removed leftovers from the deprecated capability: ppma_edit_orphan_post, #193;
[3.5.0] – 06 Aug 2020
- Added: Added a new widget to display all the authors, #76;
- Added: Added option to display the username in the authors search field, #162;
- Fixed: Fix compatibility with WooCommerce products, #169;
- Fixed: Performance issue in the frontend. Added cache for queries that can run multiple times in the frontend, #171;
- Fixed: Fix PHP notice on author page when user is not an author, #156;
- Fixed: Fixed notice when a post doesn’t exist after deleting the post, #167;
[3.4.0] – 23 Jul 2020
- Added: Add new filter “publishpress_authors_author_attribute” for customizing author attributes in the layouts;
- Fixed: Fix syntax on the file Author_Editor.php removing an invalid char;
[3.3.2] – 13 Jul 2020
- Fixed: Fix the text domain loading, fixing the translations;
- Fixed: Fix “orphan” authors when the mapped user is deleted, converting them in guest authors, #142;
- Fixed: Fix infinity loop when user’s and author’s slug are different and you are trying to save an author profile, #143;
- Fixed: Fix hardcoded table prefix from a query, #146;
- Fixed: Fix error about missed Authors_Iterator class, #144;
- Changed: Updated the min PHP version to 5.6;
- Changed: Updated the WordPress tested up to version, to 5.4;
[3.3.1] – 27 May 2020
- Added: Added the static function “get_by_email” to the Author class for getting an author by his e-mail address;
- Changed: Improved error messages;
- Fixed: Fatal error for WP < 5.4 due to the function “is_favicon” not being defined;
- Fixed: Fix the get_avatar_url output for authors with a custom avatar, #122;
- Fixed: HTML entities were not rendered in the frontend using the default author layouts, #123;
- Fixed: Secondary authors don’t have the edit_others_posts capability for their own posts, #129;
- Fixed: Improved integration with PublishPress adding support for multiple authors in the calendar. #129, #131;
- Fixed: Updated the POT file;
[3.3.0] – 05 May 2020
- Added: Some error messages are now added to the error log;
- Added: Added links to the slug column in the authors list to open the authors page in the frontend;
- Added: Added post data to the twig layout context – #112;
- Added: Added multiple authors support to the Elementor Pro, adding new skins to the Posts and Archive Posts widgets;
- Added: Added support to Divi’s theme builder and dynamic data related to authors;
- Changed: Reorganized the folder structure of the plugin moving the code to a “src” folder;
- Changed: Guest authors are now identified by author->ID < 0, which corresponds to the term_id. If ID > 0, it is a user, otherwise, an author term. This increases the compatibility rate with standard author functions;
- Fixed: Improved text and fixed typo in the data migration messages;
- Fixed: Added pointer cursor when hovering the “x” for removing authors from the list;
- Fixed: Fixed minor style issue in the Simple List layout CSS;
- Fixed: Centered avatar and fixed minor style issues in the Centered layout;
- Fixed: Removed the blank ‘-‘ char from the Simple List layout due to undefined “age” field;
- Fixed: Error message when the installed Yoast SEO doesn’t have the function add_piece_language;
- Fixed: Detection of minimum required Yoast SEO version for the module to be activated, so the error message is not displayed if Yoast SEO is not installed;
- Fixed: Yoast SEO structured data was not displaying pages data correctly;
- Fixed: Yoast SEO structured data was not working well when a guest author was the first author in posts;
- Fixed: Yoast SEO structured data with incorrect @id for pages;
- Fixed: Fixed the method that implements the column for authors in the post list, to only run for enabled post types;
- Fixed: Fixed PHP Deprecated error for non-static method being called statically in the Term_Editor class;
- Fixed: Fixed the notice in the frontend saying the is_author was called incorrectly;
- Fixed: Empty output for shortcodes if the layout doesn’t exists. Added fallback layout and an error message in the error log;
- Fixed: Wrong author data in the query for authors mapped to user;
- Fixed: The get_author_posts_url function was not working for guest authors;
- Fixed: The get_the_author_meta function was not working for guest authors;
- Fixed: The get_the_author_posts_link function was not working for guest authors;
- Fixed: The get_the_author function was not working for guest authors;
- Fixed: The the_post function was not working well for posts with guest authors;
- Fixed: The feed_links_extra function was not working for guest authors;
- Fixed: For themes that don’t implement support for PublishPress Authors and multiple authors, we were displaying all the author names separated by comma, but only one link (due to the limitations imposed by the theme). Now we display only the first author and its respective link on those cases. The multiple authors can be added creating a child theme and adapting the code;
- Fixed: The title for authors archive pages of guest authors;
- Fixed: The author object is now compatible with the main properties of WP_User objects, so guest authors can be treated as users on most cases;
- Fixed: The custom user_url is not returned for authors mapped to user;
[3.2.4] – 13 Apr 2020
- Added: Button to migrate data from the Bylines (Daniel Bachhuber) plugin;
- Added: Button to migrate data from the Byline (Matt Dulin) plugin;
- Added: Added a body class for guest authors “author-” (#45);
- Fixed: Fixed the error displayed on Windows servers when the constant DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR is not defined;
- Fixed: Fixed compatibility with composer based sites;
- Fixed: Broken body class for guest authors “author-” (#43);
- Fixed: Wrong authors in the header of pages based on Genesis framework (#46);
- Fixed: Empty author headline for guest authors (#47);
- Fixed: Fixed some texts and style in the Co-authors plugin migration box;
- Fixed: Wrong author data in the Yoast SEO schema for structured data (#77);
- Fixed: Fixed author page title when using Yoast SEO (#80);
- Fixed: Fix the result of the function get_the_author_posts_link for supporting multiple authors;
- Changed: Renamed the name of the Widget, from Multiple Authors to Authors;
[3.2.3] – 16 Mar 2020
- Fixed: Wrong URL for the file multiple-authors-widget.css;
- Fixed: Fixed the author page for compatibility to the Genesis framework;
- Added: Added new filter to bypass the installation and data migration on special cases;
- Added: Add top banner for the Pro version;
[3.2.2] – 25 Feb 2020
- Fixed: Undefined class Authors_Iterator, #26;
- Fixed: Error message related to Phing class file not found. Removed Phing from the package;
[3.2.1] – 13 Feb 2020
- Fixed: Fixed the query for migrating posts’ authors when installed for the first time;
- Fixed: Fixed the assets URL for the plugin when it is installed in a folder different from wp-content/plugins
- Fixed: Fixed the count of authors’ posts using the correct field in the query: term_id. Issue #17;
- Fixed: Fixed the query in the installer that look for posts without author’s taxonomy to migrate;
- Added: Added actions for before and after the settings fields: publishpress_authors_register_settings_before, publishpress_authors_register_settings_after;
- Added: Added new filter: pp_authors_twig for extending the Twig environment object;
- Changed: Cleanup the installer class;
- Changed: Removed the CMB2 library since it is only used in the Pro plugins;
- Changed: Refactored the code to support the Pro version;
- Removed: Removed the CMB2 library dependency;
[3.2.0] – 03 Jan 2020
- First free public release. Based on PublishPress Multiple Authors v3.1.0.