GTM Kit puts the Google Tag Manager container code on your website so that you don’t need to touch any code. It also pushes data from WooCommerce, Easy Digital Downloads and Contact Form 7 to the data layer for use with for Google Analytics 4, Facebook and other GTM tags.
The goal of GTM Kit is to provide a flexible tool for generating the data layer for Google Tag Manager. It is easy to use and doesn’t require any coding, but it allows developers to customize the plugin as needed.
eCommerce events tracked with Google Analytics 4
The following GA4 events are automatically included in the dataLayer:
Easy Digital Downloads
Flexible container implementation
Depending on how you use Google Tag Manager you can delay the loading of the container script until the browser is idle. You can furthermore extend te delay with a timer. This may be relevant to you be if are focusing on pagespeed.
You may enter a custom domain name if you are using a custom server side GTM (sGTM) container for tracking. It’s also possible to specify a custom loader.
You may specify which post data elements you wish to include in the dataLayer for use in Google Tag Manager.
– Post type: include the type of the current post or archive page.
– Page type: include a defined page type. I.e. post, page, product, category, cart, checkout etc.
– Categories: include the categories of the current post or archive page.
– Tags: include the tags of the current post or archive page.
– Post title: include the post title of the current post.
– Post ID: include the Post ID of the current post.
– Post date: include the post date.
– Post author name: include the post author name.
– Post author ID: include the post author ID.
- Install GTM Kit either via the WordPress.org plugin repository or by uploading the files to your server.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enter your GTM Container ID and click ‘Save changes’.
Where do I get a GTM Container ID?
Create an account and container in Google Tag Manager and get it there.
Is Google Analytics 4 (GA4) supported?
Yes! We strive to support the full feature set of Google Analytics 4 and will implement any future features of Analytics 4.
Is Google Universal Analytics supported?
Yes. GTM Kit is only supporting GA4 events, but you can use these GA4 events in Universal Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce. Read more.
Google Universal Analytics (GA3) properties will stop collecting data starting July 1, 2023, and therefor a Google Analytics 4 property is soon required.
Is this plugin cache friendly?
Yes! Pagespeed is one of our main focus points, and we strive to make the plugin compatible with full page caching.
Kontributor & Pengembang
“GTM Kit – Google Tag Manager integration” adalah perangkat lunak open source. Berikut ini mereka yang sudah berkontribusi pada plugin ini.Kontributor
“GTM Kit – Google Tag Manager integration” telah diterjemahkan dalam 2 bahasa. Terima kasih kepada para penerjemah untuk kontribusi-nya.
Terjemahkan “GTM Kit – Google Tag Manager integration” dalam bahasa Anda.
Lihat kode, periksa repositori SVN , atau mendaftar ke log pengembangan melalui RSS.
- Added option to include the customer data in the data layer on the “purchase” event.
- Added the constant ‘GTMKIT_WC_DEBUG_TRACK_PURCHASE’, which allows you to force tracking of purchase event on every page refresh for debugging.
- Fixed a bug where Easy Digital Download Pro was not detected.
- Changed required capability from ‘install_plugins’ to ‘manage_options’.
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.6
- Added ‘add_to_wishlist’ event when used together with the most popular wishlist plugins ‘YITH WooCommerce Wishlist’ and ‘TI WooCommerce Wishlist’.
- Improve compatibility with other plugins and customisations.
- Added item_variant to the items element in the datalayer.
- Added ‘coupon’ to the datalayer.
- Added option to log helpful messages and warnings to the browser log.
- Fixed a bug where inline styles would be stripped from the HTML.
- Fixed af bug where items in the ‘view_cart’ event had double brackets.
- The ‘begin_checkout’ event did not contain data layer values for ‘ecommerce.currency’ and ‘ecommerce.value’
- Added support for the new WooCommerce checkout block
- Added meta box on posts where you can enter the page type to be included in the data layer.
- Added the filter gtmkit_admin_capability, which allows you to set the capability required to manage the plugin options.
- Added option to share anonymous data with the development team to help improve GTM Kit.
- Type cast the item value to prevent string values in the data layer
- On installations of Easy Digital Download where the Confirmation Page was not configured the Purchase event would not fire.
- Minor styling of the dashboard
- Updated the tutorial section
- Improved some help texts
- Added missing translation strings
- WordPress tested up to 6.2
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.5.
- Backwards compatibility. Trailing comma in function calls is only available since PHP 7.3.
- Added declaration of plugin compatibility with WooCommerce High-Performance Order Storage.
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.4
- Added support Easy Digital Downloads for the events: view_item, add_to_cart, begin_checkout, purchase
- Added support for primary product category in Rank Math SEO
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.3
- Refactored integrations
- Added missing translation string
- Align text domain with GlotPress making the plugin compatible with translations from WordPress.org
- Added better help texts.
- Fixed typos.
- Added better support for the Google Ads remarketing tag.
- Add option til select the Google business vertical value to include in all items. This is used for Google Ads remarketing.
- Add option to add a prefix to the item IDs.
- Fix wrong currency value in the Data Layer.
- By default the Contact Form 7 integration script will only load on pages where the Contact Form 7 script is registered.
- Tutorials and help text have been improved
- Fix datalayer_name collision when both WooCommerce and CF7 integration are active.
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.1
- Added tutorials section to the dashboard.
- Fix the description og the CF7 integration.
- The items object was limited to 1 on the checkout page.
- Added options to add user data to the datalayer (logged in, user ID, user role).
- Added option to limit view_item event on variable products to the master product instead of pushing the view_item event on both the master and selected variation.
- Added edit button on container dashboard
- Clear the previous ecommerce object before add_to_cart.
- Set default option for CF7 integration
- Added support links in help section
- Fix custom datalayer name in CF7.
- WordPress tested up to 6.1
- WooCommerce tested up to: 7.0.
- A custom container domain would not be used in the noscript container.
- Added compatibility with WooCommerce High-Performance Order Storage.
- Added DNS prefetch for the Google Tag Manager host.
- Added Contact Form 7 Integration.
- New admin dashboard.
- New admin navigation.
- Cleaned up and formatted code.
- Fix a bug where pageType is not included unless post type is included
- Option to include the defined page type. I.e. post, page, product, category, cart, checkout etc.
- Option to include the permalink structure of the product base, category base, tag base and attribute base in the datalayer.
- Option to include the path of cart, checkout, order received adn my account page in the datalayer.
- Fixes a bug where an aggressive wp_kses filter prevents add to cart tracking on product catagory pages.
- Disable WooCommerce settings if WooCommerce is not active
- Update logo.
- First public release