A simple, lightweight, yet effective plugin to enable two factor (2FA) authentication via email.
WordPress is the world’s most popular content management system (CMS), with over 40% of all websites running on it. As such, it has become a prime target for hackers looking to exploit vulnerabilities to gain unauthorized access to websites. One of the best ways to enhance the security of a WordPress site is to enable two-factor authentication (2FA) for administrators.
- Simply enable the plugin then edit a user account to enable 2FA for that individual user.
- Please make sure your WordPress website sends and receives emails correctly. The best way is to use a SMTP plugin.
Use the automatic installer via WordPress or download the plugin and:
- Upload the plugin files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress.
- Navigate to your profile or any other users and enable to toggle 2FA to enable per account.
Help! I’m locked out!
If you are not receiving the email to login then in order to regain access to your account, you’ll have to disable the plugin. The only way to do this is by renaming the plugin folder from
15 minutes is too long/short for me. Can this be changed?
At the moment, this cannot be changed however, we do have this feature planned.
Kontributor & Pengembang
“Two Factor (2FA) Authentication via Email” adalah perangkat lunak open source. Berikut ini mereka yang sudah berkontribusi pada plugin ini.Kontributor
- Email content fix
- ‘Fancy’ emails
- Moving files into appropriate folders
- Re-order of security features when logging in
- Added PHP_INT_MAX to wp_login hook
- Added support for advanced developers to use a custom 2FA template. You can now override the 2FA page by copying assets/2fa-page.php to your theme’s directory. Upload this file to wp-content/themes/xxx/ss88-2fa-page.php to customize it!
- Fixed ‘dismiss’ link on notification
- Added support for SMTP Mailer check
- Added support link to plugin page
- Fix openssl key
- Fix echo’ing
- Initial release.