There are three possible scenarios where this plugin does something. In all cases, the attachment page must exists, the plugin will not run for deleted attachments:
A) A visitor lands on an attachment page and the parent post is available (not in trash or deleted). A 301 redirect will be issued to redirect the visitor to the parent post.
B) A visitor lands on an attachment page and the parent post was already deleted from trash. A 302 redirect is issued to home page (this can be changed to 301 if you want, see FAQ for more details).
C) A visitor lands on an attachment page and the parent post is in trash, therefore not available for the visitor. It returns a 404 error code to prevent endless redirection loop in old WP releases and redirecting to trashed/not available posts.
There is no options page, simply activate it and will do the job.
If you’re happy with the plugin please don’t forget to give it a good rating, it will motivate me to keep sharing and improving this plugin (and others).
- WordPress 4.8 or higher.
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the
wp-content/plugins/directory of your WordPress installation (or install it directly from your dashboard) and then activate the Plugin from Plugins page.
WordPress is returning a 404 error for my attachment pages, will this plugin help?
No. This plugin needs an existing attachment to work, if you deleted the attachment WordPress will return a 404 for its attachment page and this plugin doesn’t support that scenario.
Can I change the HTTP codes used for the redirections?
Since version 1.1 you can do this by adding constants to your wp-config.php file. The example below will switch the redirection codes used by default.
define( 'ATTACHMENT_REDIRECT_CODE', '302' ); define( 'ORPHAN_ATTACHMENT_REDIRECT_CODE', '301' );
Use this at your own risk, only if you know what you’re doing!! No support will be offered for this.
Kontributor & Pengembang
“Attachment Pages Redirect” adalah perangkat lunak open source. Berikut ini mereka yang sudah berkontribusi pada plugin ini.Kontributor
- Changed code for 404 scenario to use the theme’s 404 template if it’s available.
- Minor changes to make code 100% compliant with WordPress Coding Standards. This doesn’t means any change in the plugin functionality, it’s just code cosmetic.
- Minor coding standards improvements.
- Added ATTACHMENT_REDIRECT_CODE and ORPHAN_ATTACHMENT_REDIRECT_CODE constants to allow change the HTTP redirection codes (e.g. change 302 to 301 for orphan attachments)
- Prevent endless redirection loop in old WP releases and redirecting to trashed/not available posts if an attachment page is visited when parent post is in trash. Returning a 404 error in this case.
- Initial release.